In the next couple days leading up to Thanksgiving, we're going to be sharing some of our favorite vegetarian recipes that are perfect for the holidays. Send us pictures if you end up making any of them!
Makes: About 3 cups
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 ribs celery, finely chopped
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 lb. (about 4 cups) fresh or frozen cranberries
1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
1⁄4 cup honey
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1⁄2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
1 tart apple, such as Granny Smith, stemmed, cored, and finely chopped
2 tsp. hemp hearts, ground up
1. Heat butter in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add celery and onion, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 12 minutes.
3. Add cranberries, brown sugar, honey, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, apple, hemp hearts, and 1 cup water.
4. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring until cranberries burst and release their juices, about 15 minutes.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring often, until berries are tender and chutney is the consistency of thick jam, about 1 hour.