It is officially the fall season, and we’re so excited for those chilly nights and that crisp air. We also are looking forward to a hearty meal to warm us up. This recipe for Pumpkin Hemp Soup is the perfect soup recipe to begin the season on a good note. We hope you enjoy it, and let us know what you think if you try it out!
Makes: 3-4 Servings
2 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 shallots, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk (or your other favourite non-dairy milk)
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 cup Hemp Hearts
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Add the olive oil, shallots and garlic to a large pot and cook over medium heat until they are translucent.
2. Put the pumpkin, vegetable stock, coconut milk and maple syrup in the pot and cook until it is simmering.
3. Pour the soup into a blender and add the Hemp Hearts and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour the soup back into the pot and cook over medium heat for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Once the soup reaches the desired temperature, ladle it into bowls and serve. You can also top it with extra Hemp Hearts, chives and a drizzle of coconut milk.